It's true! We are looking for someone awesome!
We have had an amazing first couple of months and now we're heading into the rest of our busy summer season! We are looking for your help in recruiting someone totally awesome to join our little team at Light Grey Art Lab!
If you or someone you know is interested in working in a vibrant, exciting gallery atmosphere, let us know!
The position itself starts as part time (20+ hours per week) for $12.50/hour.
**We'd love this to turn into a full-time position after a couple months!**
This position would be starting June 1, 2012!
As Gallery Manager, your duties would include:
• communicating with hundreds of amazing international artists
• helping plan and craft exciting exhibitions
• coordinating classes, workshops, lectures, art sales and travel for the Light Grey calendar of events
• helping write and craft promotional materials including press releases, blog entries & social media
• listing and maintaining the Light Grey store
• shipping / receiving artwork & materials
• helping enter sales & financials into Quickbooks
• assisting with payment of instructors and artists
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Great writing and communication skills
- Awesome customer service skills
- Great taste!
- Extreme attention to detail (We need a super-organized person!)
- Ability to get around (bike or a car is handy!)
Finally! We are looking for someone that is in it for the long haul! Art-loving recent grads or out-of-school people, we're looking at you! If you want to learn and grow with our awesome space, we'd love to hear from you!
Just send a short cover letter telling us a little about you, your resume, and a link to your artwork / blog to hello (at) lightgreyartlab (dot) com by May 15th to be considered for the position.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
-- Lindsay Nohl