STORYTELLING, COMICS + CREATIVITY An intensive illustration workshop with Sam Bosma
May 22 - 24 (Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday)
Open to locals and individuals looking to travel for a motivating and ambitious creative workshop.
Summer is just around the corner and it’s the perfect time to jump-start your creative process! Join us as we welcome celebrated comic artist and illustrator, Sam Bosma, for a two and a half day comic workshop at Light Grey Art Lab! Sam has prepared a slew of creative comic-centered sessions on storytelling, pacing, and world building, filled with in-depth process demonstrations and intimate discussions on best practices for identifying your own niche in the world of comics. Through a series of studio sessions and one-on-one feedback, Sam will coach each participant on how to use their unique voice while building the foundation of their next comic project.
Special guest Kali Ciesemier will join in discussions during the workshop, offering a unique second perspective as we discuss creating excellent work that reinforces your ideals, methods for avoiding pitfalls, and resources for enhancing your best creative traits.
• Sam Bosma’s artist lecture and Q&A session on Friday Night at Light Grey Art Lab
• Meet other Twin Cities creatives at the Iceland Residency Exhibition opening reception and Meet & Greet
• Learn Sam’s preferred methods of storytelling through workshops on pacing, framing, world building.
• Strategies for engaging a supportive audience and finding outlets for your work
• Learn new processes through technical demonstrations showing Sam’s creative techniques.
• Participate in intimate discussions about creative business, marketing and self-publishing
• Learn another perspective on the creative process from guest speaker, Kali Ciesemier
• Create a strategy and schedule for your next comic project
• Receive one-on-one feedback from Sam Bosma on your next steps
• Join us for our second annual “Beer & Boardgames” meet-up at Fantasy Flight Event Center
Sam Bosma is an illustrator and comic artist working in Brooklyn, New York. Sam's work has won awards from the Society of Illustrators, Spectrum Fantastic Art, and the Ignatz Committee, as well as being nominated for an Annie Award for his work on Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe. His Ignatz-winning short comic, Fantasy Basketball, is being released by NoBrow Press in a new expanded edition called Fantasy Sports #1. Fantasy Sports #2 is due out in 2016.
CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULE DETAILS AND REGISTRATION