LIGHT GREY ART LAB ICELAND RESIDENCY Mini-recap (3 of 4)
This year we explored with four unique groups of exceptional creatives from all around the world. Team Plover included backgrounds in photography, animation, product design, freelance illustration, writing, costume design, and more.
TEAM PLOVER explored the southern coast, visiting diverse landscapes of lava rock, towering bird cliffs, ashy glaciers, hidden waterfalls, geothermal pools and secret lagoons. It was a pleasure to travel with such a vibrant, loving, and enthusiastic group of creatives! Each day we learned about the folklore, history, and geology of the landscape, and at night, gathered around the table to listen to our experiences in the creative field and beyond.
TEAM PLOVER: Adam Hoppus, Aidan Vitti, Alice Yang, Archana Vikram, Ellen Shershow, Elsa Chang, Jared D Weiss, Jon Lau, Judit Neubauer, Junyi Wu, Michael Manomivibul, and Sasha Jones.
The topics we discussed included:
• costume design and feature films
• pursuing an authentic creative path
• creating with contrast in content
• personal projects and collaborative efforts
• creative opportunity - I.T. to illustration
• photography and art as social change - artistic voice
• feature animation and character design
• running and managing a creative business
• collaboration, studio partnerships, and accountability
• passion projects and unique characters
• overcoming obstacles and inclusivity
...and much more.
We'll be updating with the other teams as we edit photos!
Thanks to TEAM PLOVER for exploring with us!